Brass Anchor Tattoo is an Award Winning Tattoo Shop located in the heart of downtown Tybee island, GA, Savannah’s Beach. We offer quality custom drawing, as well as an extensive collection of flash designs in a sanitary, stae-of-the-art setting by experienced and professional artists, some with published work.
One of the most affordable shops around!
Tips for Tattoo Preparation
- You’ve got your tattoo design all picked out and found an artist you trust with your permanent piece of body art. But, are you truly prepared for getting a tattoo? There are a few things to take care of prior to going under the gun, but they are all pretty simple.
- Have your design ready or, if you’ve previously spoken with the artist, make sure he’s got the design ready for you. If you still haven’t picked your design, then you are not prepared to get your tattoo and you shouldn’t make an appointment yet. It could take you hours before you decide on a design and the artist will not want to wait when he could be working on someone else. You can’t expect him to draw up something custom on the spur of the moment; these things take time.
- Be alcohol free the day you’re getting your tattoo. Although many people feel they need a little liquid courage, alcohol and other chemicals, including aspirin, can thin the blood and cause excess bleeding. This can cause the color to bleed out or make the tattoo scab more, leaving you with either a dull tattoo or gaps in the color. Excessive bleeding can also hamper the healing process.
- Take a shower or bath prior to showing up at your appointed time. This may sound silly, but if you’ve just spent two hours working out at the gym or mowing lawns and you stink, the tattoo artist is going to be in a hurry to finish, and the last thing you want is for them to rush.
- Bring photo identification with your birth date printed on it. A state issued driver’s license or ID card are the most common forms of identification, but you can also use a military ID or passport. A social security card and/or birth certificate will not work.