Incorporated in 1996, the Tybee Arts Association is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization chartered to develop and sustain interest, appreciation and enjoyment of the arts in Chatham County, Georgia, including but not limited to two and three dimensional visual art, music, drama, dance, design, architecture, film, creative play and culinary art by:
- Sponsoring arts exhibits and performances for the education and enjoyment of the citizens of Chatham County and all visitors to the area.
- Offering educational programs for children and adults who are interested in learning or perfecting artistic endeavors.
- Providing scholarships, grants, prizes and other assistance to outstanding Chatham County students in their continuing art education.
- Working with other community organizations to use the talents of the Tybee Arts Association membership in community development efforts.
The Association is always in search of good ideas and volunteers. Membership in the Tybee Arts Association is open to the public by application and payment of annual dues:
- $15 … individual membership
- $10 … friend of the arts
- $5 … junior (must be under 18)
- $100 (or up!) … patron of the arts
CLICK HERE to visit official website
Classes and workshops are offered each season, and weekend art shows featuring TAA member artists, working in a variety of media, are scheduled throughout the year. More Info
Tybee Arts Performing Society (T.A.P.S.) produces several plays a year at the Tybee Arts Center “Black Box” takes shows on the road to nearby venues and hosts productions by guest directors. Performances are occasionally staged at the Tybee Gymnasium. TAPS directors and actors also offer workshops to the public, and a summer children’s camp. More Info
Below are links for artists to help with materials, marketing, galleries, copyright, whatever you think would be useful.
- ArtSeek – Art and Artists Resources Directory
- Landings Art Association
- Public Art on the Net – a launch point to many web sources regarding public art
- The Savannah Art Association