While Vacationing on Tybee Island please follow our Tybee beach rules, marine debris guide, warning flag system and riptide charts.
- STAY OUT OF THE DUNES
- SURFING AND FISHING ONLY ALLOWED IN DESIGNATED AREAS
- SWIM WITHIN 50 YARDS OF SHORELINE
- OBEY THE LIFEGUARDS
- STAY OFF ROCKS / JETTIES / LIFEGUARD STANDS
- LITTER MUST BE CONTAINED – CIGARETTE BUTTS ARE LITTER
- UNAUTHORIZED MOTORIZED VEHICLES
- DISORDERLY CONDUCT
- OVERNIGHT SLEEPING / CAMPING
- REMOVAL OF LIVE MARINE LIFE
- JUMPING OR DIVING FROM PIER OR PUBLIC STRUCTURE
Rules Strictly Enforced. Max fine $1,000
Hazardous Areas & Boating Safety
Certain areas have been designated and marked as “hazardous areas” because of conditions which create a threat to the safety and welfare of boaters who may operate in such areas. When operating within a “hazardous area”, all passengers in a boat must wear a U. S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device, properly fitted and fastened.
- Tybee Island Beach, for a distance of 1,000 feet seaward from the highwater mark on Tybee Island beach from the north end to the south end of the beach