Update on Tybee Island Re-openings
April 30, 2020 – City of Tybee
The following openings will occur on Tybee Island as of Friday, May 1.
Open Parking Lots
- Strand Avenue Lot: open from 16th Street to 17th Street. The southern part of this lot from 17th to 18th will remain closed to serve as the staging area for our dune vegetation project. Please remember to stay off the dunes.
- North Beach lot: closed until further notice.
- Polk Street
- Gulick Street Vehicle Entrance (The wooden crossover will remain closed)
- 3rd Street
- 19th Street
- Inlet Avenue
- North Beach Center Street
- 6th Street
- 10th Street
- 14 ½
- 15th Street
- 17th Street
- 18th Street
- The 14th Street crossover is under construction and remains closed.
- The northernmost crossover at North Beach remains closed due to Marine Science Center construction.
Alley 3: Parking and access open
Fishing Pier: Pier and restroom closed
Public Restrooms: Beginning immediately, all public restrooms are open except for the small bathroom at the fishing pier.
No Smoking Ban: Tybee Island’s new smoking ban on the beach goes into effect May 1. No smoking is allowed between 14th Street and 16th Street.