1st Annual Kevin Carpenter
Tybee Bar Olympics
Get ready for the first ever Tybee Bar Olympics! This Tybee style fun-raiser will take place on Sunday, March 6, 2016 at noon. Come out and cheer on your favorite Tybee Island characters as they move from bar to bar. Each of the 20 Teams will endure a day of drinking and eating challenges all while figuring out how to get from place to place. No driving allowed! Who will be the last team standing? You have to come to find out!
Opening ceremonies for the Tybee Bar Olympics will begin at noon at Tybee Times and then proceed around the island with 11 events at 8 different stops. The South End Leg of the Olympics will start with games at The Windrose Cafe, The Sandbar, and Stingrays. Games will include quarters, Flip-cup, and a Hotdog Eating Contest. After the south end competitions have finished all competitors will move to Memorial Park with live music by In For A Penny, food, Tricycle races and more.
Immediately following the Park shenanigans competitors will move on to the North End Leg, with darts, ghost pepper wing eating challenge, and Drink-O- taking place at The Quarter, 80 East Gastro Pub and North Beach Grill. The final 6 teams will meet at Hucapoos for the Semi-Finals and the Awards Ceremony.
Official Olympic T-shirts will be available along with, raffles, prizes, and plenty of entertainment! All proceeds from this event will go towards Kevin Carpenter’s charities. We hope you will come out and join the fun and cheer your favorite teams along!
Tybee Bar Olympics Stops
- Tybee Times – 12pm SHARP: Opening Ceremonies, National Anthem. Game: Pole Vault Beer Relay
- Windrose Cafe – Game: Quarters
- The Sandbar – Game: Flip Cup
- Stingrays – Game: Hotdog Eating Contest
- Memorial Park – estimated time 2pm- Games: Free Throw, Tricycle Races, Food, T-Shirts and Live Music
- The Quarter – Game: Darts
- 80 East Gastro Pub – Game: Ghost Pepper Wing Eating Challenge
- North Beach Bar & Grill – Game: Drink-O-
- Hucapoo’s -estimated time 7pm – Games: Surprise! Side Game: Crab Races. Raffles, Silent Auction, Champions. Awards Ceremony with Gold, Silver, Bronze and The Carpenter Cup
*Any team caught driving will be disqualified! Guest and participants are encouraged to walk, bike or take a cab! Need Cab info Click Here