Tybee Fireworks July 4th 2016
What better way to celebrate your independence from the kingdom of Great Britain than with a stunning fireworks display on Tybee Island? I mean, sure…the British are great. Without them there would be no Monty Python, Faulty Towers, lawn mowers, or even chocolate bars but this is ‘Merica the Land of the Free… So with that in mind, let’s go over some Dos and some Don’ts when reveling in your American Independence at the beach.
What You Should Do
1. Be prepared to have fun. Grab a cooler, pack it full of your favorite drinks and food. Get your beach blankets, glow sticks for when it gets dark, sparklers, and plenty of water to stay hydrated. Trust me, it will be hot. Also that cooler full of food & drinks could really come in handy if you get stuck in the traffic jam right after the show!
2. Be prepared to get there way before the fireworks start. The fireworks begin around 9:30 pm. Don’t plan on rolling up around 9 and try and find a parking spot. It is highly unlikely you will. If at all possible, try and make a day of it. Arrive at the beach early, get a great spot, and enjoy the sand and surf. At the very least, get there 3 hours before the show. (And yes pop-up tents are allowed on the beach)
3. If you bring children, keep up with them. When it gets dark this is actually kind of difficult. This is when the glow sticks, necklaces, and bracelets come in handy. You can always break them open and paint a unique design on your child so you can spot them in a crowd easier. I’m sure that stuff is completely safe.
4. Do be respectful of the other people on the beach. This is a family friendly event.
5. Pick up your garbage. The fact that it will be dark when you leave is no excuse. Keep up with your trash. Not only is littering absolutely gross but it can kill the marine life and who wants to be responsible for that?
What You Should Not Do
1. First and foremost…Don’t drink and drive. Enough said. There are plenty of cab services on the island!
2. Plan on camping on the beach. You will be fined.
3. Try and bring a grill or start any type of fire on the beach. Against the rules.
4. Bring anything glass. Big no no… HUGE FINE!
5. Come to the beach wearing only the American flag.
6. Try and leave right when the show ends. You could be stuck in traffic for 3 hours. Leave before they are over or make an evening of it and have dinner somewhere. Or better yet make plans to stay the night.
For a complete list of Tybee Beach Rules link here: TYBEE BEACH RULES