Independence Day Tybee
Celebrate the birth of American Independence on Tybee and Savannah this 2014! In order to properly give reverence to this momentous event, you should plan on hanging out on the beach, soaking up some sun, eating lots of food, and of course enjoying a truly spectacular fireworks display.
The fireworks display from Tybee’s Pier and Pavilion is really something you don’t want to miss. It happens on July 3rd around 9:15 pm and can be seen from pretty much anywhere on the island. However, do not plan on arriving 30 minutes before they start and having an easy time leaving Tybee right after the show is over. The first thing you need to know is that finding a place to park right before the event is virtually impossible. The best thing to do is to come as early as possible and plan on having a fun beach day with the family and friends.
If you are going to spend the entire day at the beach, a little bit of preparation and planning will ensure a happy stay.
1. Tybee is pay to park. If you need to know Tybee’s parking info, link here: TYBEE PARKING
2. Make sure you bring sunscreen, change of clothes, a cooler with snacks, lunch, and or dinner (if you don’t want to go out to eat.)
3. Be familiar with the various shuttles on Tybee so you don’t lose your parking spot when you decide to explore the Island. ISLAND HOPPERS
4. If you plan on bringing a baby, I suggest you book a beach rental for day/night.
5. If you are leaving after the fireworks, you will be stuck in traffic. Either give it an hour or stay the night.
Independence Day Savannah
The fun doesn’t end on Tybee! Continue your Independence Day Celebrations in Historic Savannah, Georgia. The Savannah Waterfront Association wants you to celebrate the Fourth of July all weekend long! Rousakis Plaza will be filled with regional arts & crafts exhibitors, local entertainment, and fun for the entire family! Live music will also be featured on the Arbor Stage throughout this festive weekend! Grab your chair and get there early to watch the sky light up for the Fireworks Extravaganza on Friday, July 4th.
Festival Hours are Friday, July 4 from 4-10pm, Saturday, July 5 from 10am-10pm, and Sunday, July 6 from 10am-5pm.
Need to know Where to Eat in Savannah? Be sure to link HERE for Savannah’s most comprehensive dining guide!