Tybee Island Visitors BEWARE!!! Stay indoors unless you want to have a Wet and Wild Time at Tybee’s Annual Beach Bum Parade today May 15th at 6:30pm. Stock up on water guns, hoses, buckets, or whatever you need to make the BIGGEST splash!! Tybee locals look forward to this event all year so be prepared to have FUN. Get some pictures but try and keep that camera protected!! You will get WET!
Here’s a recap of what you’ll need and Rules!
From military-esque home-use water cannons, to high-pressure cleaning rifles, the water arms race has spiralled wonderfully out of control since you last picked up a Nerf water gun and committed your first H2O-based atrocities. These bad boys are an integral part of the Beach Bum Parade and I suggest you bring at least 1 per person in your group.
That should really go with out saying but you are going to get really wet. So is your stuff. If you aren’t staying on the Island, be prepared for a damp car ride home.
Maybe fill up a cooler with a back up supply if you aren’t stationed near an accessible water source.
Bathing Suits & Extra Clothes
1. No Bleach Water
2. No Ice Water or Ice
3. No Pressure Washers
4. No Throwing Water Balloons and Buckets at People
5. Don’t squirt the cops. It makes them mad.
1. When driving on and off Tybee during The Beach Bum Celebration keep your windows rolled up.
2. Pack your cameras, phones, or anything else electronic somewhere dry. They will get ruined. Ziploc Bags are awesome!
3. Bring snacks that don’t get gross if they get wet. Fruit?
4. Don’t squirt people that don’t look happy.
5. Watch your kids carefully. It gets rowdy on the south end. If you have small children I would stick to mid island.
6. If you don’t like to get wet, this is not what you are going to want to do. Plain & Simple!