The Tourism Leadership Council of Savannah is sponsoring a photo contest for the cover of their coffee table book, Savannah: A Southern Journey. They are encouraging anyone with a beautiful photo of Savannah (or Tybee Island) to submit a photo that embodies the spirit of our area for a chance to be featured on the cover of the seventh edition of Savannah: A Southern Journey, the premier guide to the attractions of Savannah. Entrants can enter as many photos as they like, provided they are high-resolution. The deadline for submissions is Sept. 1. The winning photo will be selected by a public vote; the winner will also receive a Savannah Staycation, with a two-night stay at the Marshall House and a gift certificate to Belford’s Seafood & Steak.
- Photos must be the original work of the entrant.
- Entrant must have ownership and all other legal rights to use of submitted photographs.
- All files must be in jpg or tif format, and 300 dpi or higher, and must measure at least 9” x12”, preferably in a landscape orientation.
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Tourism Leadership Council, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
- Entrants may enter as many photos as they would like that meet the previous criteria.
- Entries will be accepted until Sept. 1, 2015. Finalists will be selected by the TLC Board of Directors. The winning photo will be selected by a public online vote. The photo with the most votes will be the winner. Finalists are encouraged to promote voting for their entry on social media, or any other medium.
- All submitted entries may be used by the Tourism Leadership Council royalty-free in perpetuity in printed publications, on the TLC website, in a slideshow, or in any other media. Entrant also retains his or her ownership and all other rights to future use of their photographs.
- Entering photos into this contest implies acceptance of these conditions.
- Rules may be changed by the TLC at any time.