Support the local community and have a blast at the Tybee Island Pirate Fest. Volunteers help man the gate and entrances, monitor the kid’s area, parade and the main stage tent. Volunteers are guaranteed to have a good time at this event.
Tybee Island Pirate Fest combines the quirkiness of Tybee with the fantasy of pirate life. For four days over Columbus Day weekend, our little island is transformed into a swashbuckling pirate village. The event includes a thieves market, Little Matey’s Cove, Pirate Victory Parade, Mugs of Mutiny Tavern-a pirate pub, and live music.
Volunteers receive a t-shirt and entrance to the event. Alcohol is not permitted at any time during volunteer shifts.
- Set-Up/Decoration – Help transform Tybee into a pirate village
- Runner/Grounds – Help keep our pirate village running and beautiful. These volunteers assist with everything from vendor hospitality to groundskeeping.
- Family/Kid’s Area – Volunteers assist our littlest pirates with arts, crafts, and games.
- Security – Volunteers are responsible for re-entry points and crowd security.
- Parade – Volunteers assist with checking in parade entries, crowd management, and parade flow. Breakdown – After the pirates sail the seas, volunteers assist in restoring Tybee to it’s natural state.