Friends of the Tybee Theater is a non-profit organization dedicated to the transformation of the Tybee Post Theater into an operating performing arts and cultural center for Tybee Island.
The historic Tybee Post Theater, originally a 1930s movie house for the Fort Screven Army base, will be reborn as a civic center for Tybee. When the curtain is raised for the first time in 50 years this Spring, the Tybee Post Theater will seat approximately 240 and provide the only multi-purpose cultural venue on the island for both residents and visitors alike.
- A family-friendly venue for year-round activities
- A concert hall to showcase live music, dance and comedy performances
- A stage for live local and touring theater groups
- A movie house for first run, classic and children’s films
- A cultural venue for readings, recitals, assemblies and educational programming for children
- An historical landmark that is a symbol of Tybee’s commitment to historic preservation and the value we place on preserving our cultural heritage