Get Packed For Tybee In February!
Get packed for Tybee Island in February! We eat. We dance. We sing. We party. We run. We walk. We act up. We act out. You know, pretty much the same things we do any other time of year. You’ll want to be prepared and ready to enjoy lots of winter fun in our beautiful and historic hamlet by the sea and here’s a helpful list of what you’ll need.
1. For starters, yes, you’ll need a swimsuit. In fact, make it a red, one-piece. A remake of BAYWATCH will be filming on Tybee and they’re looking for males and females in swimsuits and summer wear. Besides, you’ll want to look cute in case you run into The Rock or Zac Efron, right?
2. Sparkle plenty. Hey, it’s Mardi Gras, so pack lots of gold, green and purple and lots of feathers, boas, tiaras, masks and glitter. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to add beads when you get here. Tybee’s party is January 30th this year.
3. It’s always all about the shoes and you can never have too many pairs of flip flops. You’ll need some for winter wear and that means packing just the right socks to set off your thonged feet. Tybee Post Theater has a full schedule of live theater and music lined up, so you’ll need just the comfy footwear to compliment your evening wear for live shows and for toe-tapping to the musical guests.
4. Critz Tybee Run Fest and the Challenge Walk MS are on the agenda. Keep it sporty with track suits, sweats, cute shorts, head and wrist bands and sneakers. Voluntourism is very much in on Tybee and we never miss an opportunity to create an ensemble.
5. Cute and fun frocks that make your derrieres and legs look scrumptious while you order food-to-go at Daniel’s Kitchen located to the rear of Benny’s. Your backside will be facing the road as you step up on the plywood ledge to place your order and that means it’s show time. We do ride by and judge your posture and your posterior and sometimes we even shout out scores. Daniel’s super duper, humongous fried pork chops are so worth it for you. Judging your tastes in fashion is for the rest of us.
6. At least one extra, empty suitcase. You know how it goes. No matter what you pack you’ll always forget something. Shopping on Tybee is always so fantastic, you’ll need the extra suit case to haul off all the new cute stuff you buy.
Get packed for Tybee Island in February! It’s just where you’ll want to be for winter fun!