Directions to Tybee Island
Here you will find directions to Tybee Island, Georgia from Highways, Airports, Greyhound, and Amtrak. Tybee Island is located 20 minutes from the Savannah Historic district.
To get to Tybee Island via I-95 heading South:
1. If you enter Savannah on I-95 South, stay on I-95 until exit 5 onto US 17 (Coastal Hwy).
2. Continue heading towards Savannah on US 17 S. Road changes name to US 17A.
3. You will cross the Talmadge Bridge into Savannah and exit on to Oglethorpe Ave.
4. Continue on Oglethorpe Ave. about 8 blocks/approx 1 mile, until you get to East Broad St.
5. Take a left on East Broad. Go 1 block, to first light. Take right at light on to President St./Islands Expressway.
6. Follow directions below from Islands Expressway to Tybee Island.
To get to Tybee Island via I-95 heading North:
1. If you enter Savannah on I-95 North, stay on I-95 until exit onto I-16 East.
2. Follow directions below from I-16 East.
To get to Tybee Island via I-16 East:
1. Stay on I-16 until you get to Savannah – Exit onto MLK Street ramp.
2. Take a left onto MLK. Follow MLK to Bay Street.
3. Take a right onto Bay Street. Continue to end where it meets intersection of Bay Street and East Broad St; Turn right onto East Broad St
4. Continue to the light, at President Street; turn left onto President St/Islands Expressway.
5. Follow directions below from Island Expressway to Tybee Island.
Directions from Islands Expressway:
1. Continue on Islands Expressway approx 5 miles. You will reach an overpass that will merge you on to HWY 80 east.
2. Keep heading east on HWY 80. You will go over 3 bridges.
I-95 is the major north/south interstate from New England to Miami and is just 10 miles from Savannah’s Historic District, and about 28 miles to Tybee Island.
I-16 is the major east/west interstate leading to Savannah from Macon and Atlanta.
Savannah International Airport
The airport is about 20 minutes to the Savannah historic district, and about 40 minutes to Tybee. The airport offers about 40 direct flights departing daily.
400 Airways Ave., Savannah, 31408
Greyhound Bus Lines
Savannah is a regular stop on Greyhound routes, both for passengers and next-day Florida-Georgia package service.
610 W. Oglethorpe Ave., Savannah, 31401
phone: 912.232.2135 or 800.231.2222
Savannah is a major stop on between New York and Miami. Daily service to and from Savannah is available.
2611 Seaboard Coastline Drive, Savannah, 31415